Old 12-08-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by wheelingdizzy View Post

but you cant tell i dont look a mess

i look great cute outfit, always very well put together, 5am i get up to get ready to be at uni. and everyone says how do you manage to look so good?

so i dont even look like ive been drinking the night before.

Hey, you are my hero here. Seriously. No kidding.

I mean - I am still struggling with putting myself together in terms of outfit and the like. And girls who manage to pull it - I sometimes feel like approaching them and asking "What in the world is your secret?"

And it speaks volumes that you keep putting yourself together under circumstances - it shows your self of dignity and willpower. And now it's turn to channel some of it to kicking booze out of your life.

As for:
"so they say if it doesnt effect your life your good?"

Who says? Conventional wisdom? It says a lot of baloney. It effects your life. Big time. It hurts like hell. It's real. It's more than real.

"i mean its not effecting me money wise im doing fine. "

Meaning - you have roof over your head, food on the table, cute outfit? Ok, this level of Maslow pyramid is still fine. But how do YOU feel? Society cliches of how a drunk looks like are not a barometer for your well-being. If you feel need to find escape in wine, chances are you are not doing fine.

"and then i think as its not vodka wine isnt so bad."

Been there, done that. I actually hated vodka - no taste, no smell. Yeek. Wine - that was "another story". Civilized, glamorous. Look at TV shows - main characters seem to have their palms glued to long-legged wine glasses.

When it comes to addiction wine is just as bad as vodka - it just takes longer to get intoxicated and delusions to fall off.

Take care of yourself. Keep posting.