View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
jryan19982

I was sitting with a buddy at the holiday part, who was also sober. Him and I would usually be main stays at the bar buying each other drinks etc. We have been working together to stay sober and it is nice to have a friend who drank like I did to work through this process.

Anyways we were talking about how after an hour into the party we would be wasted. Dinner would be served and we would eat very little and keep on drinking. This time, dinner came, and I had seconds (and thirds lol). I talked with people at the table, and was just happy.

I told my wife, because she was wondering if I would have a drink or two, that I dont feel like drinking. I dont fee like feeling like I would the next day. I told her it was so much more worth it to just be sober, enjoy the people, and feel great the next day. We had some plans the next day with the kids and that next day was awesome. Had I been hungover I would be thinking of ways to get out of our plans, or starting to drinking before we had to leave so at least for a little while I would chase the hangover away with alcohol.

I remember telling my wife that it just isnt worth it to me to waste my time with alcohol. It wasnt fun to me anymore. I didnt feel like I need to drink to have fun. And most importantly, I just dont want to be hungover the next day.