View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
sydneyman

Juno, it was a bummer but you stopped and back here again.. I did it and as you said perhaps its what we both needed.. This time around I am more determined and feel more in control. Yes take the medas as precribed by your doctor, no point self medicating!!! Best thing is not to get further down and depressed by it, it may make the situation worse..
I hear you, having lived in a country with almost constant darkness in winter is it is very difficlut mentally. It is no wonder really that alcoholism and suicide rates are sky high in Scandinavia.. Light therapy is a great way to deal with seasonal depression. My sister uses one..
So Juno, carry on and stick here with us..
Grizz- agreed, too much progress to even consider a drinking. Yes it could be an escape for a while but the consequences are not worth it.. Dont you love waking up sober in the morning . Remember how sick we used to get, the withdrawals and the start of counting days. Wondering if we ever could get through day 1,2 etc.. Celebrating a week.. We have all come so far. We really have .I am a changed person because of sobriety. Perhaps there is even better in store in the future but I am content and happy with myself at the moment..yes I want to lose more weight!!! Another 20lbs.. But I am happy with life, I am healthy, I have a job, a loving partner, own my own home and ok with $.. What is that booze could add to to my life.. Fun and excitement? No it doesnt add fun or excitement it adds misery and all the negatives that I have removed from my life.. I am new to sobriety and I am learning to know me.. I like myself and I think ones you do why go and change it,
I still compare smoking to drinking in my instance.. I havent smoked for years and think they stink and are revolting. I smoked for over 20 years. I truly wish that I will get the same opinion of booze one day. .
Stay sober guys