View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Joy1972 View Post
I am trying to accept who he is but its so hard for me to understand and I get sad, then angry.
It is very hard for a 'normie' to understand alcoholic thinking (it's hard for alcoholics to understand it as well most of the time). Active alcoholics have a strange relationship with truth and honesty. They tend to 'manipulate' it to make it sound better, just tweaking it here and there slowly but surely in their head until it isn't 'really' true, but the vein of truth that is there justifies it for them in some way. 'Denial' = 'Don't Even Notice I Am Lying'.

It might help you to go to AlAnon meetings. Lots of information, advice and support from others who have been / are going through the same as you.

You might also find the 'friends and family' area of this forum useful and interesting. (Maybe post your query in there as well.)

I'd say this relationship is unusual anyway. Do you think that contacting every hour is 'normal'? I'm not sure it is, but I've been with my partner 24 years, so maybe I'm just out of touch.

Anyway - welcome to the forum. I hope some folk on here will be able to help in some way.