View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AnonWife

When I was drinking and taking pills, which ended 5 years ago next month by the way, my husband was at his wits end also. While its true that we have to alter our own behavior, ans while its also true you always need to do whats in your best interest - I can say without hesitation the reaaon I stopped and got help was because of my husbands support and encouragement. Now I was drinking on a more regular basis than your bf, but my guess is something triggers him to drink at these times. Have you been able to step back emotionally from your frustration and talk to him about why he is in this pattern? I found help through my family doctor and referral to a therapist. Its fine
if he doeant want to do AA because its only one option for help among many. You might read up on Smart Recovery and see if it would help both of you. It can even be used online and works for people who recognize they need a change of patterns. Im on the other sise of the coin now, my husband is under an addiction so now Im seeing what he experienced.