View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Joy1972

Feeling sad about my partner

Hi there, I really love my boyfriend more than words can say. He's a passionate, loving, caring, funny and affectionate man. Unfortunately, he seems to have a problem with drinking. He doesn't drink daily, or even weekly did that matter. He can go 2 months without drinking, however when he does, he lies to me and may drink for 2 days straight and ignore me. We do not live together, so he basically ignores my phone calls and text messages and sometimes becomes flat out mean to me when I ask if he's drinking. I am posting today because he spent the day with my son and I yesterday and was going to stay the night, however then tells me he is going home to finish laundry and chores. Unfortunately I knew right then and there what would happen. I haven't heard from him in about 4 hours now going in today. When he is sober I hear from him every hour at the least. I feel so hurt that he lies to me and can't understand how he can continue to treat me this way over and over again. We took a break in our relationship about 6 months ago due to this issue. When he's drunk and I text him that I've had it ( because he won't answer his phone so I have to text) he then begs and pleads for help. When he sobers up, he doesn't feel he has an issue and thinks he will be fine. He's been to a few meetings and says they aren't for him. I'm at my wits end and don't want to leave him. We talk about getting married someday. I just don't know how I can trust marrying a man that feels the need to ignore me and choose alcohol over me every few months. Any inspiring words you may have would help me greatly at this time.