Old 12-06-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
TheBeaches

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
That feeling is wrong

It may take a little effort and work on your part but you can absolutely stop.

If I read your post right you haven't been drinking for every long?

You have an excellent chance of putting the bottle down and not picking it up again, if you stop now.

its sounds like a growing dependence to me.

Now would be a really great time to do something about it, before it gets worse, WD...

As far as adjusting to life in the chair, there must be Wheelie support groups around where you live, or at Uni, or online. I really encourage you to seek those out

D
there is support groups , i see a fellow wheeler once a month since coming home.. i dont say much to him. he is from spinal chord injjury charity.

and wheather ive been drinking long i cant really answer..

I have been doing thing on and off since i was maybe.... 15?

This current blip is a 3 month blip so far, i have always gone through phases of drinking exsessivly bottle of vodka etc.

but one thing that is strange about this time, is the weird feeling i am getting when i do not drink..

i dont enjoy drinking- used to .
never felt this real feeling of irritation , uneasy desperate for it, if the shop was closed i would have felt like crying.

thank you for your advice.

my last drinking blip before this was perhaps a year ago. i was drinking 2 bottles of wine per second night. i did go to my doctor and had intervention from something else, i wont say what as it makes things to complicated to explain.

this time. i really have had enough of doctors to tell my doctor.

i am scared of getting addicted to meds, so it seems i drink instead.

they have given me diazpiam, zopiclone , and then all my pain meds, a bottle of morphine ( even tho i asked them to give me a small amount) declofenic, tramadol, etc. and i feel i am showing great willpower not taking anything..

( i was addicted to codiene when i was 15 i used to take 9 per time for a high and made me so thirsty but i used to stay awake 3 days in a row, taking codiene.

so this is the reason behind my worry about meds my gp knows really but obvourse as all this was such a long time ago, i can undertstand why it is not in there mind.