View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Sydneyman, that sounds like a great day! All of that sounds so nice : ) Isn't it amazing what all we can fit into a Saturday when we don't start the day by drinking!
Midton, I'm going to be doing the same thing as you for my Saturday night. I love movie marathons and junk food! I'm going to be having two extra kids at my house tonight, so I'm going to take them to rent movies and we'll have a nice chill night at home. They will probably rent video games, and I'll go for my usual cheesy scary movies.
Juno, Krampus was better than expected! I kept calling it Krumpus even after I realized it's Krampus because it sounds funny to me. Your kiddo's assessment of it is right on. It's starts off as funny then turns to suspense/scary (it really isn't scary at all), but it stays funny- kind of like the recent remake of Poltergeist. We left the movie theatre pleasantly surprised.
I have quite a bit to fit in before my son's friends come over this evening, but I'm not anxious about it like I used to be. I used to be annoyed when their mom would drop them off because she would stay for awhile and it really interfered with my drinking time. And I would worry if she could tell how drunk I was. Today I don't have to be worried about all that. When she asked if they could come over, I just said, "yep, come on!"