View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
soberjim

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Hey neverthought, things are actually going ok, so far. Day three is here.

Life however, continues to be difficult. I hate whining and complaining but heres a short list of whats going on now:

My son and his family of four kids had to move back in with us. Financial reasons. He doesnt have a car either.

We are behind on our mortgage as well.

My car crapped out, hole in radiator, and electric fans dont work. Cant afford the repair now, so that means no transportation, cept for walking there. We live in an isolated area, not close to the bus line. My husband has a work van he uses strictly for work.

Dog has to have the acl surgery next week, its already been scheduled and paid for. Now, not sure as to how Im going to get her there.

I have three other appointments next week too, and no clue as to how I can keep them.

My husbands company just let a few people go, because of lack of work. Very concerned it may be him next.

All of these things stress me out, upset me very much, but drinking isnt going to fix any of them. So, Im not going to. In the past, these things have led me straight to the bottle, a huge binge, but I dont want to do that anymore. I can only control the way I react to all this. Its a new lesson though, and very very hard. I will pull it off.

I was use to drinking my problems, life away. Well, the problems stayed, and I just lost alot of my life. Nothing was ever gained from my binges. Period.

So, lets stay strong everybody. Welcome unique, and anyone else just joining.
Lets keep it sober folks.
Maximus...It is ok to vent.!! sounds like you have more than your fair share of few real world problems at the moment. Sorry to read that! However you are correct, the problems will be there if you drink. Drinking will just add to the list. Stay strong this week end.