View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Happy Friday Over's,

I hope that all are doing well. Haha, I popped in on this thread last night and I thought I was on a CNN news-feed.

I thought I would share what I consider another tiny miracle/message from someone somewhere that happened to me yesterday. AA told me to be sure to stay for the miracle to happen. In my case it hasn't been any major event, but a collection of small, yet so meaningful occurrences.

My youngest is in Ohio in the last few months of finishing up her doctorate. Her dissertation is due soon and has her quite busy, so the only way we could connect prior to my moving was for me to visit her.

Yesterday we did so. We exchanged gifts...and here in lies this tiny miracle. Hers to me - The Whole 30 Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom. This W-30 program has been an integral part of my quest to heal my body in recovery.

So what...she knows I love that program. Where is this miracle of sorts? Well, for one, that she chose that book. For two, that we randomly choose to meet yesterday - on my 30 MONTH anniversary. Say what you will - I see a message in that random occurrence.

Plus, it completes a miracle/message cycle with both of my girls. My oldest delivered a baby girl this past January 6th - a few days early. My first of what I hope will be many grandchildren.

It was an SR/AA friend that pointed out to me as I was talking with her on the phone after leaving the hospital that evening full of amazement at how fast I fell in love...offering, "And it's January 6th"...then it hit me -

My BY FAR favorite daily quote from AA information comes from the 24 Hours a Day book - for January 6th. I reference and read it often. Here it is...

AA Thought for the Day - January 6th

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing.

Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?

Yes, strange - but true - and both offer a significant messages if you ask me! Miracles do happen.

Hope your day is magnifique.

Carlos