View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
wish4someday

Oh Minnie,

The sad thing is is that I know everything that you told me and yet I still let it get to me. I'm realizing more and more every day that he is not the person I want to be with (when he's drinking) and still I have hope. What is the deal? He got out of bed a while ago for about 1 1/2 hours and then did it all over again. Now he's back in bed. He refuses to say anything to me and if he has something to say, says it as either a statement (doesn't address me directly) or he says it through my daughter. "Tell mommy, etc." or if I'm cooking something "what's that smell?". Not. . . "what are you cooking?", etc.

I hate to admit this, but I got so fed up with his drinking binge that I went on a massive search through the house and dumped out all the bottles of vodka that I could find. During my search, I found some "cash" receipts from the company that he used to work for. These were for people that paid cash and obviously he kept the money. HE WAS STEALING FROM THAT COMPANY!!! Unbelievable. . . I don't know why I was suprised.

I AM doing the right thing leaving this relationship. It hurts bad to say this, but the situation he's potentially leaving this family in could kill us emotionally, mentally, money-wise, etc. Life is too short to risk all of this. He can ruin his life but he cannot ruin mine. Is this selfish? I guess I'm in a frame of mind now. . . .

Urgh!