Old 12-03-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
VanillaChaiTea

Thank you Dave. When I get home from this evening's meeting, I will sit down and read your entire post. There's some very good stuff there and I thank you for posting it. I'm at work now, so just flying by here real quick.

Today is day 7. Today will be my 7th AA meeting. I feel much better physically today than I have in a long time. I woke up and looked in the mirror and was amazed at just the little differences. Those huge, puffy, bloated bags under my eyes are almost gone. My eyes were clear. I felt calm.

It's not all sunshine and butterflies, though. Yesterday was tough. And both last night and the night before, on my way home after the meeting, I thought about buying a bottle of wine. I did not allow the thoughts to linger, and I drove past my 2 "favorite" liquor stores and directly into my apartment complex. I also thought of my sponsor, who has extended a lifeline to me. I don't want to disappoint her. I also thought of my group, who have welcomed me warmly. I don't want to disappoint them. I thought of my boss, who is really stressed this week and needing me to be on my game. I did not want to let him down. And, oh how wonderful it was not be be blackout drunk by 8:00 in the evening.

One day at a time.