View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Camryn474

Good morning.

There is so much to comment on! I'll get better at this in time.

I'm starting off day 2 with some coffee. Nothing big planned. Maybe a little cleaning and decorating but then again maybe not. I'm more focused on not beating myself up for drinking after 6 months.

I want to say that sobriety is possible. I had numerous starts and stops, learned many a lesson the hard way, but it can be done. The first 4 months were very rough for me, and I'm sure the timeline is different for everyone but if you can keep in mind that with each passing day you are healing, and one rough day doesn't mean the next one will be rough, and you push through and don't cave you WILL get through to the other side.

I let a bout of depression derail me this time. Everything had been great. I was happy, getting involved in my church, and then out of nowhere, depression hit me like a ton of bricks. I naively thought that without drinking I would never experience a negative emotion again. So silly. I guess that is my big issue. Having to deal with whatever emotion I'm feeling at the time regardless of how I "think" I should be feeling.

Anyway, that's enough from me. I'll be back later. Have a good day/night!