View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
I'm in a better place now, mentally. I was just in a funk I suppose. I keep telling myself not to shut down and to just keep putting one foot in front of the other (or do one more accounting entry, or answer one more email), and the stress will go away. I used to drink when stressed which was the same a shutting down. I realized today that telling to keep going is exactly what I need. I am so grateful for not turning to alcohol. The only thing I can do to relieve the stress is to keep on working, plugging along and getting as much done as possible. Its the work load that is causing me stress. I am reading more at night to calm my brain and today I just took a meditation break which helped.

We are leaving for our winter get a way in a couple weeks! I have so much to do before then, but I am so looking forward to just getting away, we need a break. We are going to mexico for the holidays. I've been a few times before, and this will be the first time sober and I cannot wait to experience Mexico with no raging hangover!
Congrats on hanging strong Cauli! The stress and darkness of this time of year always led me to drink even more than usual. I am extremely jealous of your warm Xmas getaway! Hope you have a better time than ever being sober.