View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hi all - catching up on posts this morning. Sydneyman, sounds like you're doing great. Looking4awagon - you have an interesting job. My job is an office job and dealing with numbers, etc. It's what I like and what I have always liked, and the people are nice but dealing with people isn't what I enjoy doing best.

I had a difficult night last night after a difficult day. My daughter got upset about some things and "ran away." She didn't really run away, but she ran out of the house and I had to follow her to make sure she was safe. I stood there next to her while she proceeded to yell one mean thing after another to me. I went back home and found that my son (the one with high functioning autism) was on the phone with a 911 dispatcher. He had called to tell them his sister "ran away." So I had to get on the phone with the dispatcher, explain that she was upset but not suicidal, that I knew where she was and that I was calling her Dad for help and that they did not need to send the police. They didn't. Thankfully. I know my son was upset and meant well, but we didn't need the police there.

Her Dad finally came and calmed her down and they came home. I was so rattled by the whole night that I decided to try out my new anti-anxiety medication. The doctor said I could take 1, 2, or 3 at one time (only take 3 if I was directly going to bed). So I took 2 and didn't feel much of anything. As the night wore on I took 1 more before bedtime and then I started feeling it. It made me kind of dizzy and spacy and then when I closed my eyes I say patterns of flowers and things as if I was seeing a coloring book. I don't know if others experience the medication this way, but I did. It wasn't unpleasant. And I went to sleep and slept all night. I don't want to take this medication everyday, because normally I sleep quite well on my own. But it's there for me if I need it, for anxiety, and I happy to have something other than alcohol to ease the sharp edges of reality in my life.

Hoping for a better day today and glad to be sober.