Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 03:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Highwind

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
^^ This ^^

My biggest regret through years of being wasted at least every weekend was the early years of my daughters life, at the time I was out every weekend following my team (soccer) all over the country & Europe. It's always said that the time with them as children goes so quick and when you spend half of it on a different planet too then it really does.

Your first Christmas too - those are some of the greatest memories you can have - make sure you can remember them.

My daughter is 12 now and whilst I can't change the past I know I can be a much better father from here on in and give her someone to look up to instead of feeling embarrassed at the state of me.
Yeah you're dead right, I was reading over the section "adult children of alcoholics", I'd sure hate for my little boy to think of me that way in 20 years time. Made me really sad to read how people messed up their kids childhoods with the bad choices they made.

At least your daughter is young enough that she will forget most of the mistakes you made now that you've turned the corner.