View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
RedAndy

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
Reasons why I failed after 11 weeks earlier this year:

1) Basically I got complacent. I was 11 weeks in and thought I had it kicked. That I could revert to moderation. That maybe my health was not as bad as I had thought its was, as I was feeling great. So, no need to punish myself without alcohol, right?
2) I didn't rebuild my network of friends quickly enough so when I wanted to go out I ended up calling my drinking buddies
3) I just couldn't get past the higher power part of AA. Especially when my sponsor asked me to start praying twice per day. Once I pulled back from AA it removed a key support
4) My AV was looking for ways to topple me....it found it in "rock bottom". Hearing everyone else's stories of rock bottom, combined with the fact that I felt great, made me believe that I was being a drama queen. Even though deep down I knew better. "Rock bottom" gave my AV the in it was looking for
5) Boredom. I believe I just wasn't trying hard enough to fill a sober life with alternative productive activities.

Will adjust the plan this time around.
Cheers for the above - 1, 2 & 4 are certainly ones to take note of and No. 5 is also key one for me - need to ensure I find other stuff to keep me busy.