View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Highwind

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
Reasons why I failed after 11 weeks earlier this year:

1) Basically I got complacent. I was 11 weeks in and thought I had it kicked. That I could revert to moderation. That maybe my health was not as bad as I had thought its was, as I was feeling great. So, no need to punish myself without alcohol, right?
2) I didn't rebuild my network of friends quickly enough so when I wanted to go out I ended up calling my drinking buddies
3) I just couldn't get past the higher power part of AA. Especially when my sponsor asked me to start praying twice per day. Once I pulled back from AA it removed a key support
4) My AV was looking for ways to topple me....it found it in "rock bottom". Hearing everyone else's stories of rock bottom, combined with the fact that I felt great, made me believe that I was being a drama queen. Even though deep down I knew better. "Rock bottom" gave my AV the in it was looking for
5) Boredom. I believe I just wasn't trying hard enough to fill a sober life with alternative productive activities.

Will adjust the plan this time around.
Boredom is often what gets me, I don't try and fill my life with anything new. I end up sitting in the same position, watching the same tv show just minus the can of beer in my hand. I'm going to work on that this time and try to fill my time, hit the gym, take my son out some places, Xmas will actually help, my family are not big drinkers so usually spend Christmas in forced moderation anyway.