View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
looking4awagon

Good evening all! The app I use is called "sober time", blue triangle with a clock in the middle. So glad you stuck around Winslow! I love your name, reminds me of home. The town I grew up in had a ferry named "Winslow" sometimes it would take us to where we would go camp, so your name always brings up good memories.

Well, we got our first snow of the year, so lots of car accidents and falls in the ER, super busy. I did meet a fellow alcoholic the other day, I'm sure most I work with see these type of patients as losers, but I have a special place in my heart for them. We don't know everyone's story, I looked him in the eye and told him I'm an alcoholic, and that there is hope for sobriety. I praised him for his courage to get sober and told him he could do it, poor guy looked horrible, bad DT's. I hope I made him feel better, no alcoholic should have to feel alone or isolated, it only feeds the addiction. On a lighter note I have been in a great mood at work, no room for pessimism when working with the sick, I want to make people smile. I had a 94 year old women grab my butt today and tell me I have a nice one, lol, people are crazy.

I was really tired after work today, think I'm fighting something. My wife and I have been enjoying our essential oils lately, new hobby. I have been putting a drop of peppermint in my water for a little pick me up after work. At night I really like the lemon oil in my water, smells so good. We have also been diffusing with lavender, citrus blend and an immunity boost called "on guard". I am going to order some juniper oil, supposed to help with addiction and digestion.

As for our class, it's nice, just the right size, real personal. Would be interesting to know how many people have posted to our class or started versus how many are left.