View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wish4someday

I feel sick. . .

I suppose it's not a good sign that my postings have become more frequent.

I told my story in another posting so I'll keep this one short. My husband went into the hospital for detox about 2 weeks back. He walked out with an attitude because he didn't want anyone asking about how he's doing, bugging him with his decision "to quit", etc. He lost his job due to his drinking and he was home alone for the last two weeks. A week ago Thursday, he had "a slip" and again on Sunday. Now he's been drinking for 4 days straight. He's passed out in the bed right now for the forth time today and we're at exactly the same situation that took him to the hospital.

I had plans on going to see a divorce lawyer tomorrow (2nd visit to get the ball rolling). I just look at him now and cry as he's laying in bed passed out. He needs some serious help, he's killing himself slowly and there's nothing that I can do about it. He's ruining everything we've built together over the past 10 years. If I try to talk to him about it, all I get is the same rude comments, and his accusing voice that it's all my fault that he's a drunk. When he's sober, he says he wants to stop.

What's making me feel sick is that he's been passed out all day today. He's been up three times (long enough to sneak another drink when I'm not looking) and then within 10 minutes he's passed out again for a few hours. I'm having a really hard time with this today.

Can someone help?