View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 01:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
worriedsick
worriedsick

Sick and Tired of Changing Meds!!!

I haven't been on this group to long, I am not even sure is I ever introduced myself, I hope not, I don't want to repeat it again for your sake. I am a 47 yr. old with bipolar,add,ptsd,panic,anxiety disorders. I have been taking differnt meds since I was 34. Before that I was a big time alcoholic, didn't know I had a disorder, just alot of anxiety. I feel like giving up on the drugs, how many do I have to try, I have tried every drug out there except for zyprexa. I have gained so much weight on these drugs, never was heavy, I hate it.. Well I had 2 breakdowns or whatever you want to call them within 2 weeks, I have no insurance. So I had to go to a terrible place, not like other hospitals I have been in. So I only stayed one night. They did nothing for me! They made you sit in a er setting in a recliner for 23 hours, with alot of different people that were mostly there for being arrested drugs, dwis, my pdoc told me to go there, I had admitted myself after 3 days of my family begging me to go. It was horrible, you couldn't even walk around. Nothing cold to drink, there was a water fountain, that was like warm ****, and people were spitting in it and burping in it. When they brush they're teeth in it, I just about died. There was a coed bathroom. Can you imagine sitting in a chair for 23 years. I went there for therapy,support. I signed a 4 hour dr.release me form, he said no of course. I had to spend the night in that awful place. The next day a new doc, told me if I wasn't going to hurt myself or anyone else I could go home. (Yeah) Went to mom's stay there to rest and get better, went back home to soon. Was only home 3 days, had another breakdown. Back at mom's, my pdoc is changing my meds, taking me off cymbalta90mg and putting me on celexa. Added risperdal for the racing thoughts, (both weight gainers) still on klonopin 3mg.. daily,trazodone 150 to sleep, you know I haven't found anything that has made me feel better really, it seems like you never get better, you have to try and manage your symptons. When is enough, enough. How many more breakdowns, how many more med changes. I just fill like throwing all away and start drinking again.
It sucks for everyone out there with these disorders.