View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

The thing is, TW, we can all tell you our divorce stories, but even those who live in Florida are not going to be able to give you a more accurate picture than a lawyer who practices in the court that will hear your case can.

As I mentioned, I'm a lawyer (not a family lawyer, and not currently practicing). Your experience will depend on who your judge is, what your local court's procedures are like. There are some things that will be common to any divorce proceeding in the state--certain documents that need to be filed, certain court proceedings that will be required--but a lot of it is local custom and practice. Everyone's individual situation is unique, as well. You are an individual, your husband is an individual, and your kids are individuals.

So nobody is going to be able to predict, from here, what kind of experience it will be for you. I can tell you that we have supported people here through all kinds of legal proceedings. We will have your back no matter what, as you go through the process.