View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Juno11

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Juno,

The only thing about dates that niggle at me a little is when I'm trying to get sober. I find it easier to start at the start of a month rather than the end. My strongest periods of sobriety have all happened "by luck" after a particularly bad/embarrassing drinking experience and the dates have been incidental.
Midton, I have too many quirks about numbers to list here. I, too, try to stick to either the start of the month or the end of the month. The middle of the month feels too amorphous. It's the same principle as when I get to a yoga class and I look for a space on the edge of the room or even better, in the corner. I like to feel grounded, anchored and if I'm in the middle of the room it's disconcerting. I remember recently going to a yoga class and I deliberately picked a nice little isolated spot in the corner of the room. The teacher tried to get me to move to the middle of the room with all the people to feel "more a part of the class." Hmmm.... that's how some people's minds works. If she only knew I chose the space because it felt right to me! I declined, and said I was happy where I was. Everyone's different.

I also had a time when I had to pick a date that ended in 0 or 1, except for 20 or 21 which had too many associations for me. So the only dates I could pick to start a sober venture were: 1, 10, 11, 30 or 31. Kind of limited, I know. I was having trouble with the 16th of last month because it didn't meet either of my criteria. I should be happy with my new date because it meets both. And everyone who says none of this matters is right!