View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Jsbodhi

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Good afternoon MrB

Alarm went off at 0616 - car to dealership for safety recal, might as well get the oil changed too... oil change light didn't come on yet, but it's almost a year, better now than in the heat of winter...

Venecia - great post on the 'adages of recoveryism'.

Melina, I too was a confused pup around six months. Look up PAWS. There are insights into what is going on in our brains. Don't give up hope, the brain heals as long as we continue to abstain completely. It can take a year OR longer depending. The change is gradual so you don't really notice as you go along. Soon you'll start to recognize your thought patterns have improved as you reflect back over the months. It really will happen. But as soon as you start drinking again, all bets are off.
Even having as much as one drink a week will reset your brain back to where it was before you quit. Never forget that.

Js - MACROeconomics, isn't that kinda like ******? I just read an article on the Asian rice trade and how the local governments thought they would help out the small farmers by controlling the prices, subsidies, tariffs etc... then they stockpiled rice to let it rot... the 'rich' cheated and the poor got poorer...of course they made it worse for the locals and it affected other countries as well...
geophysics? great stuff, enjoy it, you may get hooked

Spending time focusing on your 'recovery plan'? Yes, have a plan, but don't let it consume you.
Have you read AVRT? I did the "crash course". That's all it took for me to say, "I'll never have to drink again and never change my mind." Then instead of "working" on a recovery from alcohol plan, you can work on a 'YOU' plan. I find them two different things, quitting drinking is first, fixing me is second. You can't do the second before the first.

I notice v-o-o----d-o-o gets censored.
Oh haha! V o o d o o censored!!

Yes, economics is pretty crazy! The core exploits the periphery constantly
This class focuses more on the whole globally.
The poor always get the short end, unless you're in the nordic countries, its better there.
This will be my first geophysics course! A friend of mine in my soci class suggested it, he said its not too difficult for an arts major, and I need a couple science courses so I think I'll give it a try!

As for my plan, what you suggested is kinda along my line of thinking, I'm focused on not drinking, and creating a me plan
I don't even like drinking to be honest, nor do I find it romantic and I don't have interest in moderating and I enjoy sobriety a lot.
what I need to do is learn to not fall back on it when I get upset or overwhelmed, I think a large part of my problem is that I need to learn other ways of dealing with things.
So I agree that a stronger ME plan is in order here xoxo