View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by Sean30 View Post
Thanks for the posts. It's always good knowing others are with you. Can I ask Ghostface or others, what are the thoughts/events that motivated you to not drink, even know you could if you wanted.
Thanks
Sean- a few of the things that stop me from drinking even though I can is my family. The last drink night I was pretty wasted and said some horrible, cruel, and painful things to my husband because he called me out on my drinking. I was also very short tempered with my son. The next morning I woke up and realized that my family might be better off without me around if I was going to treat them with verbal abuse. That stopped me.
I've also realized that I was waking up with a hangover 4+ times a week and my ability to think and perform at work were taking a beating because it's tough to think strategically when your brain is fried from the binge the night before.
I've only been sober 24 days, but there is such a sense of freedom! I don't have to worry about hiding my bottles of wine. Sneaking to the store to make sure I have enough before I started for the day. I don't have to worry about making an ass of myself in front of people. I'm looking forward to going to dinner and parties and not looking like a drunk fool, so the people who "know I had a problem and never said anything" will see a whole different side of me! It should be interesting.