View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Juno11

Thanks for the kind words, Midton and Grizzly.

I don't really think moderation is an option for any of us here, Frank. The fact that I can moderate now and then is more of a curse than a blessing. It kind of keeps the door open when it should firmly be closed. I know I can go to a work event, have two glasses of wine and be done for the night. I also know that I would have been craving a third but resisted because I had to. I also know that I would feel like crap the next day even with two glasses. See, I really shouldn't be drinking at all, either.

Just for the record, last night I was drinking for a different reason than normal. Normally I drink for stress relief from my life. Last night I was in physical discomfort. I picked up two tiny bottles of wine (like single serving size) with the intention that that was it for the night. I stuck to it, stayed in and slept it off. I wish I hadn't done it, but I was feeling so lousy I can't explain. Anyway, it's in the past.

You all have a better attitude than I do about picking a sobriety date and sticking with it. I must be OCD because I spend way too much time worrying if the date is "good enough" and can stand the test of time. I know it's counterproductive to think this way, and yet I can't help it. That was why I tried really hard to think of this day as "special" even though it was just a regular Tuesday. Ah, oh well. Regular Tuesday it is.

Thanks for sticking with me. Sorry for bringing the group down with so much collective success. Everyone sounds wonderful!