View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi Arbor!

Things are good. Just moving along, trying to figure out my situation, fighting against the good and the bad. Definitely a tough spot I've worked myself into. I don't feel like I'm "in recovery" right now, but I'm still sober, so that counts for something.

I'm kinda getting used to my weight situation, and I'm feeling less and less like it's a problem, despite some evidence to the contrary. My therapist says I consistently do this - pick the evidence I prefer so as to support my position, and dismiss the rest. He's right, I know. I'm 98 pounds now, and a blood test showed muscle damage, yet I still can't quite bring myself to be alarmed. I still feel like gaining weight would mean losing control.

Anyway, I had a good visit with my family. It was a blast, as always. My mom gave me a giant bag of walnuts she picked from her friend's orchard, so I spent two hours yesterday shelling them. I tossed some in the food processor with salt and made walnut butter, which will be great in spinach wraps with some dried cranberries. Next batch I think I'll add some honey and cinnamon. I could also mix in some pumpkin for a festive spread, might be good with Brie. I'm also going to make spinach walnut pesto and freeze small portions for weeknight pastas. I love food. Weird, I know. I hope someday I'll feel okay about eating again.

Very excited for you, Conquest! I know it's overwhelming, but enjoy this time, I missed mine when it was over.

Sorry about your trees V. That's terrible. My neighbor recently took out the ones in front of his house, and I was so disappointed. They made the neighborhood so nice. I don't know what the problem was, they weren't that big and didn't flower.

Anyway, best to all you guys!