View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

That's fantastic, Patricia. I'm so happy you're feeling better! I wish I knew about tapering, so I help w/the right advice, but I don't. The best I can do is imagine someone's feeling the way I did about 1-2mo's in.

Sugar is horrible for anxiety! Actually, all junk & processed food is bad for you. I'm a big believer that GMO ( genetically modified organisms or food ) was the beginning of the sharp decline of American people's health. GMOs are illegal in England ( & other countries, I suspect. ) But American farmers were going bankrupt & the introduction of GMOs seemed like a godsend. But, w/all the current research on GMOs, I think there's enough evidence provoking that GMOs are very bad for our health ( & that includes all the animals that eat GMOs too. ) The only problem is the cost of non gmo food. So, for right now, I quit sugar, caffeine, pop & eat for little processed food.

I'd like to add that I waited on the diet part of my recovery until just recently ( except caffeine & pop. ) I knew that I was eventually was going on a diet, but I wanted to make sure I was rock steady in my recovery. I probably would have quit sugar too if I had been aware of the fact that's it's really bad for anxiety, but my brain was hazy for a very long time. I quit opiates and benzos Aug. 2014, suboxine Feb.2015 & my thinking didn't start to clear up until Apr or May.

I would still recommend buying a book on self love, Patricia. I'm not sure what book I'm going to get yet. Something that addresses hanging all your happiness on your spouse. My life was sh___ for the 1st 28yrs ( abusive childhood & abusive 1st marriage. ) So, when I met my hubs nearly 22yrs ago, I viewed my hubs as my white knight in armor. Problem is, if he were to be gone tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'd revert back to the insecure, unhappy girl. I just want to learn to love me for me, not because my hubs loves (( Hugs )).