View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
snowvelvet

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I just had a MASSIVE craving!

I was walking my dog and it just hit me! For 20 minutes I was SURE I was gonna drink! My AV said that I deserved it, that December would make a better sobriety month (lol), it told me it would be "fun", and went so far as to plan how I would get away with it!

Geeze! Thank God I was with my dog 25 minutes away from home because I'm not sure what I would have done. Would I have gone to the store to buy booze???

Well I was smart enough to pick up the phone and call my sponsor as soon as my craving started and talked to her for 20 minutes until my craving was gone & I got home from walking my dog. She said "think, think, think all the way through the drink!"

Suddenly I realized that if I drink I will either keep drinking until my death or will have to start all over tomorrow or in the future. Either way, there are only 2 (maybe 3) ways out of this for an alcoholic:
1. Sobriety
2. Death
3. Jail/institutions

It will NEVER be fun again! It will ALWAYS cause pain and indescribable suffering.

Now...I'm gonna read all your posts from today while I eat a snack!

Thx for reading!

Still day 16.

Hi Kiki,

I thought the same thing on my final time and it's certainly true for me. The only way this will end is sobriety, death or prison. A stark fact. Today been I have a choice as to which one it is.

If I drink, all bets are off.

Sv x