View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
hpdw

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Enjoying a warm cup of coffee with toffee almond flavored creamer. Trying to treat myself this morning.

Trying not to dwell on my woes and move forward.

I had a friend tell the entire table I was sitting at that I am alcoholic while I was even present. I felt betrayed, that this person couldnt pull me aside and say something to me.

I know I'm the drunk and screw up, but I dont know if I can forgive this person. But, I am going to try and not hold on to resentments, all they do is make you feel awful while the other person isnt even aware you are upset.
Some people are so insensitive and its understandable that you felt hurt . Your right about not wanting to carry a resentment . From a different point of view at least the cards are on the table so to speak ,I wish I had been more open about the extent of my drinking .
Hold your head high and you will be the one to shine through .

I know its difficult dealing with a person who has let you down but I have learned over the years ( I could spend months thinking of one person and how many different ways I wanted to "get back at them ") through a lot of spiritual reading to forgive early and release any ill feeling towards the person even going as far as praying for their well being and happiness . The universe will respond in kind .