View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

this right here holds your answer:

It's kind of funny, he said he's glad he went to rehab, because he has so much more clarity now, and that the rehab place "fixed him." Yet, he was drinking alcohol at the party and dabbling in other drugs. He's avoided his DOC, which was opiates. He said he hasn't touched them since he got out of rehab, and he can handle these other things just fine, because he wasn't addicted to any of them, just the opiates were a problem. He definitely seemed to be clearer and more focused than before he went to rehab. But I don't think he's truly embracing recovery, and I don't see how he can think that he's "fixed." The drinking and using other drugs seem to be a slippery slope headed straight for a relapse, in my opinion.

he's already IN relapse.....just not WITH his DOC.....yet. if you had not attended the party, you two would not have had the encounter. it's not like he went out of his way to make amends - you just happened to be there. it was "convenient" for him.

also, when you said "I don't want to talk about this now" - he did not respect that....he kept going on and on - saying, ironically enough, that if you needed to TALK to him, he'd LISTEN.

he can't give you the closure you seek, or ever really HEAR you. you know your truth. that's enough.