View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
onetimeless

Wheeeee! Hey everyone!

From an overly hyper 25-dayer, it is doable!!! Five days and I can say I'm 30 days sober! It's felt like a lifetime dragging towards that mark but I am so close I can feel it, and the love, too!

The weather is dreary and I'm doubting I'll ever get past those horrid mood swings, but I've been taking my vitamins and working my butt off and I had the pleasure of noticing at this point that my hair is getting longer and healthier! I'm also keeping up on the yoga... It's so important for me to take those minutes to breathe.

PSA: The side effects from being healthy are GREAT!

Oh, and not life threatening.

For all of those on day one, CONGRATULATIONS! Taking that first step is terrifying and if you go through the detox that so many of us have, mine and I'm sure lots of other hearts go out to you. The bright side is that after the first week or so, many of those symptoms subside and your body starts to feel so much better!

On a side note, I had some kidney pain (sharp pains, but rapidly dissipating) a few weeks ago and those have completely subsided. Lots of lemon water to help those babies clean house.

I also had another drinking dream last night - this time it was wine. My coworker was there and I had consumed a whole bottle of wine and couldn't find my cigarettes - once again, I awoke and reminded myself why I'm sober these days!

Finals are in a week and then I will have much more time to check in, oh and breathe. Happy Tuesday, everyone!