Old 12-01-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
thequest

I've found amongst family and relatives in particular many a alkie/addict work extremely hard to put on a show of nothing's wrong, they are in control etc. I'm afraid that's what would've happened during 'alcohol free' activities-it would've been a facade the family would've saw through right away and have been insulted in which conversation could've escalated into a full blown argument.

If the family actually served or got them alcohol that's enabling but what a family or friend did not do is another story. Sometimes I think the alkie/addict here is waiting for an intervention of sorts with a prepaid trip to a rehab facility since he keeps talking how his friends have paid to send their kids an spouses to rehab-while he's drunk or high. After his last dui program he kept talking about at what point someone should intervene, of course not him which he has denied with great anger on several occasions.

Family' s of ex's are tricky as is any family's politics. I guess the question is how hard does one to play diplomat.

PEACE