Thread: Serendipity
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
VanillaChaiTea

Good morning all! I didn't post at all on the forums yesterday. Was super, super tired and super, super busy. Plus, I hit 2 meetings yesterday. Talked with my sponsor, talked with another lady at what I think will definitely be my "home group", did some reading. Total immersion.

As far as detox - by this evening, it will be 5 days without a drink. I honestly felt like crap on Sunday and Monday. My stomach was very wobbly. I feel very, very good physically today.

Woke up early again today, so did some reading and other assignments suggested by my sponsor. I found this morning's readings in the Big Book and 12/12 very comforting. I am working hard on taking things one day at a time, watching my resentments (of which there have been many) and trying to surrender to this process.

Something happened this past week. I am not sure how I managed to find "my" AA group. It's really an incredible assemblage of people. My sponsor (temporary for now, she and I will see how it goes) said she usually doesn't sponsor due to time constraints of late, but raised her hand at my first meeting. She said she saw hope in my eyes.

That's why I called this thread serendipity. My sponsor, my AA group, and finding this part of the Sober Recovery forums. Pretty cool.

Have a beautiful day, all.