View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Juno11

Midton and Looking4 - so glad you both checked in. Sounds like you're both doing well!

I woke up feeling like crap today. I didn't sleep well, have a minor health issue which I won't go into, and am still dealing with allergies even though it's almost December. Ugh. But you know - two weeks ago today I was hungover (it feels like another lifetime) and these minor things can be dealt with. The toxic feeling of a hangover compares to nothing else to me - it was like I had been literally poisoned. That's how I have to think of alcohol, because to me it is poison.

I have to stop getting annoyed with things. Lately I've been reading on here and hear people saying the term "drink like a normal person" for someone who doesn't have a problem with alcohol. That really bothers me, as if we all are not normal. Who's to say all those so called "normal people" don't have other issues that we don't have, and what is normal anyway? Maybe our reaction to alcohol is more "normal" than picking up one drink and being satisfied with that. Sorry, just a rant. I wish we would all agree not to use the term "normal person" or "normal drinker," There is nothing "normal" about putting a toxic substance in your body, saying you only put a small amount in your body and therefore it's fine. Rant over