View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 12:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Hi lulu
I took effexor last week and ended up calling an ambulance for myself. My BP and heart rate went sky high. Now that was me, although eddie z said that effexor is know to raise your blood pressure. I just got very sick for mit.
Like I said, THAT WAS ME (I don't want anyone yelling at me) I have heard of effexor helping people too...
I am sensetive to all meds.
I was on zoloft and welbutrin, and those 2 together seem to be a good mix for me, See the webutrin made my anxiety a bit higher, but it worked very well for my depression, and the zoloft brought me "down" so my anxiety wasn't so high. I was on welbutrin XL , which is a time release med. so you only have to take it in the am. I also had soem trouble sleeping on welbutrin, until I started the zoloft too.
So that was a good combo for me.

Please let us know how you do... It is a good med though, it sure worked to make me feel better. It CAN help you lose a little weight to, or at least maintain.
I guess they call it a designer anti-depressant, they made the welbutrin so it has all the 'ggood" effects of the "older" antidepressants", but isn't supposed to have the same old side effects,, like weight gain..

That's MY experience with it... Love, Becky