Old 11-30-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

Welcome to the Forum ShirleyLouise!!

A 24 pack a day is not a sustainable way forward, no matter what anyone tries to say in my view, and you could be the nicest girlfriend in the world and what's the chances that he still has that 24 pack? The reality is alcohol can become an addiction and like anything else no one or thing makes us drink, we picked up that drink because we wanted to drink, not because you or anyone else made us feel like picking up that drink.

I'm also of the view, what is in this relationship for you? No help with bills, constantly putting someone else's wishes above yours, and the story of having to go to see a movie on your own is just heartbreaking, I'm not currently in a relationship but I think it's not unreasonable to expect both people to get something back from each other, and it doesn't sound like it in this situation.

Don't let your life pass you by as a result of someone else's drinking, be happy, life is short, and if you can't say you're truly happy in this relationship, go out and get a slice of happiness for yourself in this world!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR, great to have you here!!