Thread: Serendipity
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
VanillaChaiTea

Serendipity

Thought it was time to start a new thread. I have always loved the word "serendipity." It is loaded with meaning.

I have had an amazing day today. Went to a womens' meeting and did not get the warm and fuzzies. Interesting. But the group, or home group, that I have found has multiple meetings every week. It's in a really cool neighborhood. Ironically, the meeting place is right next to a bar. Interesting juxtaposition. My sponsor went with me. I have met lots of people, reached out, gotten lots of phone numbers and suggestions on good, meaningful meetings and will be attending meetings this coming week. My sponsor gave me a whole lot of homework. Really good stuff.

I am trying to figure out how to do the 90/90 thing and make it work with my schedule and am committed to making it work. Fortunately, I am a really early riser (4:30 a.m. today). My schedule is tough as I work for attorneys. I will figure it out.

Thanks again for being there.

Of note - I am 2 days in after years of heavy drinking (past 3 years off the charts wine consumption). I have been really concerned about detox symptoms. So far, so good. My digestive system is totally rebelling, no further details needed there. But I am relieved not to have other stuff going on.

Thanks for a safe place to share. I don't feel so alone since I have come here and reached out in AA.