View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Juno11

I used to drink early in the evening (afternoon) as well. My reasoning was that the earlier I drank, the sooner my hangover would go away the next day and I could get most of my suffering over with before the morning came. It makes sense, but there's something really twisted in that logic (as in, "Want to avoid a hangover? Just don't drink!") In the end my hangovers lasted until 4:00 pm anyway, even if I started drinking at 4:00 pm the day before.

I remember the days when I was drinking wine most everyday (a few years ago) and I had parent meetings and events at the school that started at around 7:00 pm. I used to get really resentful as they interfered with my drinking time. At times I would even prime myself with a paper cup of wine in the car before the meeting to get through. I used to really wonder what kind of people could get through all of this stuff sober.

I just realized we haven't heard from Looking4aWagon since he lost his power. I hope he's doing okay. Also, HelpImAlive hasn't checked in. Hope she's okay, too. Syndeyman and Midton - hope you had good weekends.