View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Venecia

Good morning, W'enders,

I am hopelessly behind on the thread this weekend so I'll do my usual thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks to all.

Ruby, sending best wishes for a successful procedure for your father.

Am still wincing over Mesa's experience. My beloved little dog niece is an 8-pound Yorkie; I'm troubled by people who would bring such aggressive dogs to a dog park. A tragedy waiting to happen.

Movie recommendation: "Spotlight." It's the best movie I've seen about journalism since "All the President's Men." The story of the Boston Globe's investigation into the power structure and protecting pedo priests. And there were many. Also many corollaries to the city where I live. That said, if any have bad associations with clergy abuse, probably one to pass on.

Just a nice quiet morning here. Kind of gray outside. My date is this afternoon and my head is stuck between the unease of having to "put myself out there" (and risk my own disappointment or rejection from another) and the acknowledgement that I have to do that if companionship is to stand a chance in my future. It has taken me a long time to get my self-confidence back and repair my ability to trust others. So just gonna take things in stride -- my afternoon shall be spent in one of my favorite places, our spectacular art museum here, viewing an exhibit that's gotten great reviews. And he seems nice.