View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving gathering! There were about 12 of us family members in attendance! Lot's of laughter and joking around with everyone. Stories of my dad were also brought up from time to time too! Mom made pecan pies! I broke down and had a slice of it! There was a bottle of coke on the counter. I by passed it and went straight for the tea jug! I seriously believe I'm having more difficulty giving those up than the pain meds! Sigh! Pay attention KZ! I've not had a single soda of any sort in several months now! LOL Snacks are a fairly forbidden item on my menu too! Now ice cream? I'll allow myself a small amount late at night if I'm really craving something! As long as I'm not eating all sorts of snacks? The ice cream isn't a biggie!

I'm losing more inches than I am weight! I guess it's part of the process of losing weight! I'm still stuck on the 20 pd mark of losing weight! I can tell a difference in areas on my body that are smaller though! So I'll just keep watching the inches fade away! Of course with the Holidays upon us it's difficult to stay away from all the food! But I'm giving it my ALL to obstain! Jethro is eating everything he can get his hands on though! He can't hardly breathe, he moans and groans like he's in labor whenever he's trying to get up or down too. He's been very moody and spouting negative things in my direction as far as I'm concerned too! He makes fun of me to his friends and cuts me down all the time too! I told him tonight after he embarrassed the crap out of me with a guy on the phone he worked with: "I'm sick of his attitude!" This attitude usually comes out when he's taking the pain meds! And I've seen him doing things that makes me think he's taking them. I haven't said anything to him about them, because I don't want to get into it with him. Things are back to the same old - same old! It's been raining for the past two days and he's done pretty much nothing! Sleep, eat and watch TV! And his constant click click clicking of the mouse playing Solitaire on his laptop! Drives me nuts listening to that constant clicking!

I've been hibernating on the porch with Marvin! I've watched one DVD after another today! I've done a lot of laughing while watching them. I've learned to enjoy myself and not let Jethro bother me when he's in these moods! He won't listen to anything I have to say about things that are better for him anyway!

I was talking to his former coworker about his mother passing Wednesday! It wasn't long and Jethro was making the hurry up sign with his hand. I was trying to help his coworker get thru his grief and dealing with Jethro trying to rush me! ARGH! He just doesn't understand ppl get tired of hearing the same BS stories from him either! It's like his mind is stuck on a few things and he can't think of anything else to talk about!

Watching him act this way makes me super happy I'm no longer taking the pain meds! I sure wish his pole barn was already built! He could stay busy in it working on stuff and avoid sitting around doing nothing right now! And maybe he'd lay off the pain meds. He got mad at me earlier today when I said something about a medicine package being the pain meds and told him he better not order anymore! OH if looks could kill? I'd be dead!

It's rained so much we have a river in our yard again and huge standing puddles all over the yard. We aren't supposed to see a dry day again until Thursday! ARGH! It won't be long and I'll have to plant pans of grass seeds to grow grass for the kids to eat! They love their yard grass and it's good for them.

KZ: It's hard to give the sweets up! But if you stick with it you'll see a large improvement in your body mass! It's slow going, but putting it on was slow going too! All the cokes I was drinking was a biggie on my part! Sitting with glasses of coke and lots of snacks to eat on did the part of making me buy larger clothes. I hated having to do that too! I'm really driven now though to lose the weight so I can get off the BP and Chloestrol medicine!

Glad your family had a good time on Thanksgiving too!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD