View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Venecia

Not sure I can catch up with everyone and I see Big S is posting in the *other* weekenders thread. Some lovely photos of his trip!

Having Sao envy at the moment as browsing through bookstores in London sounds like a fantastic way to spend part of a Saturday. When I was a college girl, I went to England with my best friend from high school. Came back with a haircut that looked decidedly Bowie-esque, not unlike the 'do Diana was sporting during her last days. My friend and I took turns walking down the steps of St. Paul's pretending we were the bride. We didn't notice it right away but there was a bobby howling with laughter at us. He took a picture of us that's buried somewhere in my box of stuff I've not opened in years. Happiest memories!

I'll share a different Bowie tune. "The Falcon and the Snowman" is one of my favorite movies, highly recommended. It was the first real dramatic role for Sean Penn, one in which he signaled his chops as a dramatic actor were to be taken very seriously indeed.