View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
LiveInPeace

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
Thanks. My sponsor said that, too. But I'd like to add our grand-sponsor says "no amends to someone who abused you." I agree.

You mean another amends for the amends at a later time? I'm not sure I understand.

So some amends we just sort of let go, and know that at least we had the willingness?

Legit questions and the answers no doubt will vary.

Interesting how the grand-sponsor take on amends is different than your sponsor. But isn`t that often the case in AA?
Hmm You're right it does seem that way. But I'm not sure my sponsor and grand-sponsor disagree, but that's where I sometimes don't understand my sponsor. Even though she says that we are not included in the "or others", she also says we don't make amends to someone who abused us. I'm going to have to ask her for clarification. I have a funny feeling that her sponsor may have given her slightly different directions than our grand sponsor.

Imo, feeling comfortable with what your doing is all-important. And while I certainly listen to what others have to say and/or suggest it`s my life. Ultimately I need to make the final decisions on what is best for me.
That's really well said. Thank you.