View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Introspectator
Introspectator

Originally Posted by Introspectator View Post
Closing on day 12. It's been good, some moments of deep desire to drink, and deeper desire to abstain. I am a musician, play drums and sing in a Classic Rock cover band. Tomorrow night and Saturday night are my first gigs since being sober. It will be a "ramping up" of the intensity to stay sober. My performances are much better when sober, but that hasn't happened in years. I know this from my practice time at home when I've been sober over the years. I look forward to a solid set of performances this weekend, but playing in the bar will be a challenge for sure. The upside is that my bass player is sober, after getting a OUI recently, so that will definitely help. I will check back in here throughout the weekend. SR has been good for me this time around, I am more determined this time and have been in here everyday, several times in the past 12 days. At the moment I am sitting in my living room, daughter and her family are here and one of my sons. The guys are watching football and drinking. I am not tempted to join in, but it is different not having the same mindset as them as when I have drank with them. They are not even asking me to drink or tempting me at all. They have seen me at my worst, and it's not pretty. It's strange, I just feel like going to bed early, much earlier than I used to, and that's good. I see that it's all up to me, I must protect myself. The thoughts of drinking are ever present, but I am thankful that the desire to be sober continue to prevail thus far. One day at a time. So, goodnight SR. Thank you all for your participation here, and all the help you have been to me. Happy Thanksgiving! Introspectator
Introspectator