View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

I only have a minute here, but for me, time. Give time time. I have had little to no contact with my brothers. Last year I was able to make an amends, a little one if you will, to my younger brother. We've never been close and we still aren't, but he said he has forgiven me. Today that suffices and we just live our lives.

My older brother raised my son, although in my alkie opinion, he has done it illegally, but the intention was there to do the right thing. Last weekend I was able to hug my son for the first time in 8 years. He's 20. He had the biggest smile on his face. I don't know when we will be able to talk again, he is heavily influenced by my brother and his wife, but I have new life today. Something is awesome now that I've had some contact with my son.

My older brother keeps me informed about my mother's health, which is failing as he attends the doctor's appointments with my parents. I only get my mother's version. Today, I will take food to my parents as they aren't able to get out of their home (due to not feeling well) today.

My brother and his wife aren't really speaking with me, just sending some texts about mom (brother). I did thank my sister-in-law for raising my son well.

Time. I held onto resentments for a while with these people and probably still do. Working with my sponsor, talking with my network, prayer and meditation all help me wake up happy and useful to others.

There's something I'm not saying here, but basically, stay sober, keep growing spiritually and something may change. I don't hang with people who don't want my company, but I don't harbor those horrendous feelings of hatred I once did. Progress, not perfection. Steps 5 and 7 are my turning points, and I do meet weekly with my sponsor for an hour or two, see them at home group once a week, also.....

I hope you have a happy today filled with being present in each moment.

With love and hugs,
~SB