View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Soberish

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Have you ever considered sharing with him what you shared with us? Either way, sounds like you got this!
I have thought about it but he's a stubborn individual. It wouldnt do any good, and he's previously told me not to be "one of those guys that count days". He's the type thinks we've all got something we do that's flawed and that drinking and smoking weed is ours. He has said, "It's not like were not doing crystal meth or shooting heroin like our other cousins". He just doesn't want to hear it and I just kind of know this about him. His train of thought is getting kind of old to me.

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Good luck! I understand completely were you are coming from. Atleast you have friends that accept you being sober. So far I only have one close friend that has embrace my sobriety and accepts me for not drinking. I did not want to change my lifestyle but i was force to, and now i see that it was for the better.
My friends accepting it just kind of came with time. At first they were sort of like my cousin and always nagging me to drink. They sort of just stopped bothering with it because at the end of the day I guess they realize its my choice. Ive known these friends since I was a kid, we all grew up together. I wish my cousin could just accept it like they did without throwing the guilt trip out there.