View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
noinsanity2423

So, Thanksgiving is coming up. I know in my head that I am thankful for the progress I've made in fixing my life after giving up my ex, alcohol, and drugs. It's been 7 months since my last drink and 7 months since I left my ex. I'm grateful for this forum and everyone that has helped me along the way. I'm grateful for my higher power for leading me out of the fog. I'm grateful for being alive and not in jail.

I know I still have work to do because it's the holidays, and I'm missing my ex terribly. I spent two Thanksgivings with her, and it's hard not having her here. My new girlfriend will be coming to meet the family, but this relationship has been long distance. It's hard being alone, and I miss the good times I had with my ex. I'm glad that I haven't heard from her, but I'm sad at the same time because I feel abandoned. I feel abandoned and sad because she chose to drink and use instead of asking for help. I feel neglected because the alcohol, promiscuity, and drugs were more important to her than fighting for us. She said she wanted to work things out, but she didn't want to do the work required to work it out.

I'm sorry, but I just had to get this out. It's been a really rough two weeks.