View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
blondsober

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Hey everyone. Just woke up after some much needed sleep. My dreaded Tuesday is officially over! I'll be spending thanksgiving eve back at the hospital. Hoping for some free turkey dinner in the cafeteria... I think they did that last year for employees.

The big T day tomorrow. Dinner at the inlaws where there's a pony keg of ice cold beer on tap. I'm going to bring my own bev. My hubby will most likely be drinking so I'll need to stay sober to drive us home. Sometimes he likes to continue on at home, so I'll have to be firm about saying no to that.

What are your sobriety plans for tomorrow Americans?
I'm just going to tell people I "stopped" rather than "quit." Sounds less ominous. I do find that most people don't really give a s*** whether you are drinking or not, as long as you don't make them stop! And when they've had a few they assume you have too - they can't tell that they have changed and you haven't!

I'm also going to make sure I have little fun things to do here an there - walk the dogs, read the paper, make some food, watch a show, play a video game, clean something, hide a gerbil, smell the roses, list something on EBay, take a photo, make a milkshake, DRIVE somewhere (since you can't when you're drinking - what a novel idea!) Ride a bike, pull out an old LP, wash my hair, ask my GF what I can do to make her happy. Or even do nothing and take a nap - without the wine for a change.