View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

There is nothing compulsory about attendance at AA meetings. Whether you go or not is entirely up to you. One of the odd things about AA today, at least in some groups, ia that realalcoholics are sometimes made to feel unwelcome. Perhaps it would be worhtwhile to take a deep look at why you feel this way. Maybe it is you, but it may not be. Maybe there is a good reason.

There have been meetings that have made me uncomfortable too. It happens. But part of the change in personality I underwent has meant for a long time now I have not felt compelled to go to meetings to stay sober, or to get something out of it. It seems to be my nature today that I just like going to meetings to try and contribute, to help others. I am involved because I want to be.

Meetings are not what keep you sober, though I am sure you know that. My lifestyle has kept me away from meetings for the past few months, no problem as my hp is with me 24/7 and thats what keeps me sober. That is the important thing, my relationship with the God of my understanding. Maybe you could ask your God what you should do. Go or stay away, whatever seems to be the right course.