Old 11-24-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
You can certainly accept your part and still be angry at the other party. Anger is a normal feeling. But keep in mind that anger only hurts the one who is angry.
I totally agree with this. Anger can also be very productive for me at times, when I use the fuel it provides to move beyond it.

OP - I don't know your situation but the thing that literally POPPED out of your post for me was this:

Originally Posted by JD4320
I know that I didn't hold the line when he started negotiating with things to which we had previously agreed,
which you followed up with:

I don't feel responsible for his actions and decisions. I don't feel like there is a thing I can do to make him change his mind. It's his decisions. I guess the push I could have used was one pushing him out the door a little sooner.
When I had a lot of anger that I couldn't resolve or place or even justify (after a while) I eventually realized it was because I was REALLY mad at myself. Like really, really, really angry & in a way I never had been before. I hadn't ever disappointed myself in such a big way or felt so humiliated as a result of my own decisions. (I consider it my decision to have accepted unacceptable behaviors & circumstances in my life no matter what the extenuating reasons.)

I was SO angry at my own betrayal of myself & I had no where to put these new, raw feelings.

Just food for thought, in case it resonates for you.